OK, I've been trying to post power rankings since the beginning of the season and finally am able to do so. So here are my power rankings:
1. Colts (4-0): Even without Dungy this team is still looking great, and they beat two teams that made the playoffs a year ago.
2. Vikings (4-0): I watched most of the game last night and from what I saw they destroyed the Packers, minus an AP fumble. I've liked this team from the beginning and still very much do.
3. Saints (4-0): It hurts to put them this high because they destroyed my Eagles, but this team is scary. They have one of the best QBs in the league, a more than respectible run now, and a defense that is also more than respectible led by one of the best safeties ever to play,Darren Sharper.
4. Giants (4-0): I never thought the Giants would look this good, at least not this early, this season without Burress and with a group of young receivers. But Steve Smith has really gotten on the same page with Manning and sadly may be a duo to be reckoned with for quite some time now.Mario Manningham has also showed signs of being really good but is too inconsistent and not always on the same page with Manning.
5. Jets (3-1): They may hav lost this week but it came against a very tough Saints team. I love what the defense is doing, and especially what Rex Ryan is doing overall.
6. Broncos (4-0): Truth be told but I was in no way, shape, or form a believer in this team or McDaniels until this Sunday, still am nt entirely sure but I gotta give them thier props. The defense looks great led by Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins, and when they needed to make plays the offense did just that. Let's see how the season prgresses for McDaniels and crew.
7. Ravens (3-1): The defense isn't as good as it was last year, but the offense is better so it doesn't ned to be as good. I know its gotta be surprising that the are 7 and the Patriots are 8 but I will explain under the Patriots.
8. Patriots (3-1): Ok, the Patroits beat the Ravens Sunday 27-21, by 6 points. The Ravens got called for roughing the passer on 2 3rd and long plays for the Patriots, giving them first downs and went on to score a touchdown on each of those drives. So it's logical, but not definite, to say they won because of those penalties. It also seems that Referees are much stricker with the Roughing the Passer penalty with Brady then they seem to be with anyone else, this and McKelvin are the reasons the Patriots beat the Bills.
9. Eagles (2-1): The offense was still potent without McNabb, once they get McNabb back I don't think that there are many teams that can stay with them.
10. Bengals (3-1): They would be 4-0 if it wasn't for one of the luckiest plays by the Broncos in Week 1 and they had an amazing victory over the Steelers.
11. Bears (3-1): Cutler is getting back to his old self, the receivers are stepping it up, and Forte is startin to to warm up, so the offense should be fine. The defense is the problem here, but they must be doing something right, they are 3-1.
12. 49ers (3-1): The offense should be good once they get Gore back, and the defesne is looking really good. One deflection and this team is 4-0 in a very weak division.
13. Falcons (2-1): Not sure exactly what to think of this team. They beat the Dolphins, held onto a lead late in the game against the Panthers to start off 2-0, then got destroyed by the Pats.
14. Steelers (2-2): The defense is not looking anything like the defense of years past. But Big Ben is Big Ben and with him I think they always have a good shot at winning. They just have to close out games better.
15. Chargers (2-2): They have the pieces to be great, they just have to play them correctly.
16. Packers (2-2): They also have the potential, their fate relies on that pass D that was atrocious for the most part of the game last night and even more so on the offensive line.
17. Texans (2-2): Offensively they can be amazing, they just haven't, and the D needs to step it up big time if they want a shot at a now seemingly up for grabs wildcard spot in the AFC.
18. Cowboys (2-2): Romo, Romo, Romo. When you have 1st and goal with under a minute to play, down by 7...you don't throw towards arguably the best CB in the league not just once but TWICE! And now according to Truth & Rumors you may hav FORGOTTEN that it was 4th and goal on that 2nd pass to Hurd?!?!?!? How do you forget the down????
19. Jaguars (2-2): Sims-Walker is really stepping up and becoming that #1 receiver the Jags desperately need but the D has to step up.
20. Raiders (1-3): I liked where they were going...they looked like they were going to pull a win off against the Chargers to start off the season until Rivers pulled off some last minute heroics. But no one knows whats going on behind the scenes and 2 straight losses and a coach maybe facing felony charges is tough, not to mention having Al Davis as there owner.
21. Cardinals (1-2): What happened? a miraculous run to the Superbowl and just a season later they start off 1-2. It could be worse but I'm sure most were expecting better.
22. Bills (1-3): Trent Edwards is looking pretty good, they have both Lynch and Jackson at RB, so the offense should not be too bad this year. The defense will decide how this team does.
23. Seahawks (1-3): If they get Hasselbeck back they should be ok, perhaps more than ok considering their division.
24. Dolphins (1-3): They have a tough schedule so I never expected them to be as good aas last year, but now without their startin QB a top 10 pick in the draft may be in their near future if Henne doesn't heat up fast.
25. Lions (1-3): They have 1 win so in 4 games they have accomplished more than they did in 16 last year. Let's see how the rest of the year goes.
26. Redskins (2-2): They have been more than disappointing. A loss against the Lions, only 9 points scored against the dredful Rams, and only 16 against the Bucs. The offense has to pick it up.
27. Panthers (0-3): Just flat out bad. Delhomme is doing really really really really really really bad, the run has been dissappointing, and the D is just bad too to top it all off.
28. Titans (0-4): Arguably the most surprising part of the season (the Broncos are the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that come close).
29. Chiefs (0-4): These guys r just looking bad. The run game is doing bad, and worse...Cassel is not living up to his new contract. So now not only do you have a subpar QB, but you are paying said QB A LOT OF MONEY! In the next 3 years alone he makes $40.5 MILLION! Id love to just throw picks nd lose games 4 that money.
30. Buccaneers (0-4): Offensively and defensively they are a little better than the Browns. But its all going south, but they are rebuilding so Morris will get some time.
31. Browns (0-4): The offense is just flat out pitiful...4 total tds this year, and 2 QBs neither of which even has a Passer rating over 65, 1 TD for each of 'em, 7 INTs between them, and 13 sacks allowed. The defense could easily be argued to be even worse. Mangenius better get his act straight...I know its his 1st year too like Morris but at least Morris is obviuosly trying to rebuild. I have no clue what Mangenius is doing.
32. Rams (0-4): They just lost a divisional game 35-0. They lost to the 'Skins. And their starting QB was/is hurt. This team is going down south early 4 the winter...and if the front office doesn't make some changes, they might just stay for a little while.
OK there you go. I will try post an updated version every week. And if I'm lucky I'm going to try and post some predictions and such during the week also, so please check back frequently for those. Please feel free to comment.