Holy coin flip Batman! Another exciting weekend. Even though my Cowboys nearly made me disown them. They never should have went to overtime with the Griefs, I mean Chiefs. I swear, Flozell Adams is dumber than Leon Lett. Somebody buy that foll a clue because apparently is out of them. Maybe Phillips will pack him in his suitcase with him when he leaves.
The Broncos on 5-0? Seriously? They beat the Pats in overtime. I thought Belichick never loses in overtime. McDaniels better enjoy this while he can because Bill will be videotaping him soon.
I overheard McDaniels say this on the way to the locker room:
The Saints are still undefeated as well. Okaym they had a bye week but they are still undefeated. Ok, how many of you thought this week's Giants-Saints game would actually mean something? Exactly.
The Titans are 0-5? So much for everyone fighting for Chris Johnson for the fantasy teams.
The Colts are 5-0? Well, that one really shouldn't be a surprise...at least it isn't for me.
Despite all of these surprises, the one that just floors me are the Bengals at 4-1 after completing the hat trick in the AFC North. Can they carry it over into the second half of the season? Maybe. If Palmer stays healthy. We just might be able to take Marvin Lewis off the hot seat.
Just like Flozell Adams is the dumbest lineman in America, Mangini is the dumbest coach in America.
I promise not to diss on the Raiders this week Kitty...but it is tempting though :-)
One last thing. How many of you noticed that the UFL kicked off this pas weekend? Yeah, me neither.
5 SONGS ON MY 8-TRACK
- Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
- Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows version
- Rock N Roll - Eric Hutchinson
- Life Is A Highway - Tom Cochrane
- Strokin' - Clarence Carter
And a new feature in my blogs:
HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
I will feature one song from a different year that was at the top of the charts, not always # 1, but a great song nonetheless. Hopefully it will take you back to a much simpler time when all that mattered was when and where. If you have a request for a certain year, shout it out. Last week was 1986. Let's back up a few years to 1981. I bet you a wooden nickel, only 3 people out there recognize this song before listening to it. Everybody knows it by a different name that is not the actual name of the song.
Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks
OXYGEN DEPRIVED PREDICTIONS
- I should have had Miles Austin on my fantasy team
- Wade Phillips will get canned on the bye week and Jason Garret will get his audition
- I have to make fun of Tom "Check out my" Cable while I still have time
- The Vikings will still finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs
- The Browns and Chiefs will make NFL history by both of them going 0-15-1
Whew, tough week for my rankings. There are a lot of worthy teams but I only have room for 10. It's not easy trying to decide which teams should be here which ones are just pretending. Spots 6 - 10 are always tough each year, but it's harder now because the teams are more competitive. For the first time in Power Rankings history I had to drop a team on its bye week to make room for a more deserving team.
- Giants (5-0) - The beat the Raiders. That's all I'm going to say. I promised LIHI.
- Colts (5-0) - Another week another blow out
- Saints (4-0) - Huge game this week. Who woulda thunk it?
- Broncos (5-0) - Just when people are ready to say this team isn't legit
- Patriots (3-2) - Suddenly, they look like an ordinary team
- Bengals (4-1) - I had to get them in here now. They've been the butt of many of my failed jokes. But now they can have some cred.
- Ravens (3-2) - 2 tough losses in a row now. Maybe I over rated them a bit
- Falcons (3-1) - Roddy White kicked my butt this week in FF
- Eagles (3-1) - Well, it was only Tampa Bay.
- 49ers (3-2) - Hmmm, they go 3-1 without Chumptree and 0-1 with him. I keep warning people about him but nobody will listen.
- Night Wolff - Us cannines have to stick together
On the verge
- Curly Lambeau
KEEPIN' IT REAL
My oldest son, Except after C, is a freshman in HS this year. I know you already know that, I'm reiterating it in case someone new stops by. Anyway he has adjusted very well, but he recently found out the hard way that teenage girls hold a grudge for a very long time. I told him it doesn't stop when they get older either. They have been friends since 6th grade so it's a little hard for him to understand why she is still mad. I explained that girls don't need a reason to stay mad. The only reason they need - she is a teenager. I told the best thing he can do is just apologize and make a truce. If nothing else, then for the sake of the band. They are both on the drumline so if there is rift, then it affects the whole band. So he is going to try to make ammends. Hopefully he doesn't go all "lawyer" on her and try to make her see it his way (which he tends to do). The kid can convince a brick wall that's it really made of straw. He wants to be an Engineer, but he has the makings of Jackie Chiles.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. Remember, if you want to increase your chances of being in the top 10, keep coming back.