This is going to be an abbreviated version of the power rankings this week since most of the teams in the conference took the weekend off by playing a bunch of cupcakes. Plus to me there wasn't a whole lot of movement in the rankings simply because of the scheduling. So without further ado:
1. Florida- Beat up on a hapless Vandy. No great surprise there. The only surprise to me was that the score wasn't ran up even higher.
2. Alabama- Got some help from the zebra's to remain undefeated and clinched the West with the win. Not that LSU would have scored after Peterson's interception that was not called. How that wasn't inconclusive evidence to change the ruling on the field I don't know, but it is what it is.
3. LSU- Despite losing their starting QB/RB/CB numerous times in the game. The Tigers still hung tough with the Tide. Blown call by ref may have changed the out come of this game but we will never know if LSU would have won regardless of if the call was made correctly.
4. Tennessee- Beat up on clueless Memphis team. This game really allowed Tennessee to play a lot of kids who otherwise wouldnt' have seen any action in a game.
5. Auburn- Got a good workout in against FCS opponent Furman to get ready for the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry against UGA this weekend. Tigers also got to get a lot of guys on the field in this game. How Tate didn't go over 100 is a mystery to me, but there was no need to risk injury by letting him continue to pound the rock all game.
6. Ole Miss- Beat on another FCS opponent before big game with Vols coming up there could be yet another shakeup on the bottom 9 of the conference.
7. Arkansas- One of the other inter-league matchups. Razorbacks beat a USC team that is looking more and more like the previous 2 versions of this team which come out of the gate strong but have no staying power.
8. Georgia- Beatdown of Tennessee Tech should come as no surprise to anyone that has ever watched a college football game. The fact that UGA's much maligned defense pitched a shutout against anyone should be though.
9. South Carolina- The 2nd half swoon has started for Gamecocks. Welcome to .500 Steve.
10. Mississippi State- Alabama should be on upset alert when they play the Bulldogs this weekend. Mullen has this team playing well despite the level of talent on the team. Alabama is coming off of a physical game with LSU, and Bulldogs have had two weeks to prepare. Is an upset brewing?
11. Kentucky- The last of the SEC vs. FCS matchups was no different from the rest. UK beats EKU into submission.
12. Vandy- Held Gators under 30.