This week's rankings is for an audience of 1. She has been having trouble leaving comments on my blog. Which can be found at:
What in the H-E-double-hockey sticks happened to my Cowboys?!?!?! They looked awesome in dominating opponents the previous 4 games then they go out and lay an egg against a team they should have dominated. I'll never figure them out. Oh well, such is the life of a Cowboys fan.
What in the H-E-double-hockey sticks was Belichick thinking? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for coaches having a pair and taking chances, but this was a stupid call. Why are you going to take the chance on giving Peyton Manning a short field with the game on the line? If it was 2 inches instead of 2 yards, then absolutely go for it. But 2 yards? At your own 28? No. The no-brainer call would be to punt it and make Manning go 70 or 80 yards to win it. I think Bill tripped over his ego.
Is it me, or is this one wacky season to figure out? The Titans are 3-0 with Vince Young at QB. I know they are not winning because of him but despite him. But where the heck has Chris Johnson been all season. Note to defensive coordinatros: Vince Young will not beat you.Not with his legs and certainly not with his arm.Chris Johnson will beat you though. So quit trying to stop VY and worry about stopping CJ.
Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, the 49ers were 3-1 without Divatree and 1-4 with him. Hmmm, I think I see your problem.
Here's a sentence I never thought I would type: The Bengals swept the Steelers this season. Maybe they are legit. Even though Chan Eightfive needs to go back to work on his endzone dances instead of screwing around with the refs.
5 SONGS ON MY 8 TRACK
1. Lose My Soul - Toby Mac
2. Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath
3. Irreplaceable - Beyonce
4. Tell Me Why - Will Smith
5. Realize - Colbie Caillat
HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
How about we kick it with some old school head-banging jams. From 1987:
Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
I went back and looked at the Cards body of work this season and determined they barely deserved a spot. Here's a review of my rules for power rankings for those who don't know.
I only rank the top 10 teams. I don't have the time or patience to rank all 32 teams. And besides, it's only the top 10 that really matter. Here are the rules I follow for coming up with my rankings:
1. They are based soley on my opinion of who I think are the 10 best teams in the NFL
2. I don't give a rat's patootie if you disagree
3. Feel free to disagree, but I never have nor will I ever change my rankings because someone disagrees.
4. For all other concerns, refer to rule #2
1. Colts (9-0) - Well, it took a bone headed call by Belichick to keep them perfect, but they are undefeated nonetheless.
2. Saints (9-0) - I'm glad the Colts won because I would not have been comfortable putting the Saints first after they struggled to beat the hapless Rams.
3. Bengals (7-2) - I apologize to the Bengals fans for dissing your team. They defintely deserve this spot.
4. Patriots (6-3) - They had the game in the bag, but I'm not going to drop them too far because, well I don't think any team below them can beat them.
5. Vikings (8-1) - Ugh, I hate this. I wish Farvruh would hurry and revert back to his old ways.
6. Steelers (6-3) - I sure wish I could figure this team out. They may be the first team to ever drop out of my rankings twice in the same season.
7. Cards (6-3) - They are not higher because, well they just barely qualify to be in the rankings.
8. Texans (5-4) - They had a bye week so they stay put.
9. Ravens (5-4) - Nothing like have a scrimmage to barely hold on to your spot.
10. Chargers (6-3) - Who elese do I put here?
11. Matt ( 10-0) - He'll probably not see this, but he deserves it for being the first to clinch a playoff spot in my FF league
ON THE VERGE
Well, that's it for this week. Stay tuned to see if anything changes next week