after listening to too many bumbling idiots, aka Chicago Al, I've decided to open it up for solutions to next year since apparently if we keep Rex as QB, the best we can do is make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl (my god, that's all???)
Thus, my first couple suggestions are as such:
1. Keep Grossman for 1 more year. After 1 full year under his belt, i believe he has learned a lot and will perform much like a veteran vs this year. After this year, we'll evaluate our options. We also will always have Griese, just in case.
2. Keep Ron Turner on short leash. **** poor play selection lost us the super bowl, as well as lack of execution across the board. I think if he can select plays better next year, we'll score more and be more consistent.
3. pray to the almighty that we never experience another injury. you know, its kinda one of the reasons why we went to the super bowl...
4. re-sign briggs. the wilber marshall example of years past should remind us that given he stays, he's very likely to continue being a Pro Bowl. plus he's great. if he moves, say goodbye to his "Pro Bowl" status.
5. confine Tank to solitary confinement. i want him crazy when we put him out there week 1.
6. tell muhsin that we want 50% of his money back. reiterate how we dont need him THAT badly.
7. trade griese or orton for a trade pick.
8. trade peterson for a bag of dice. at least we'd have a game to play with his value.
I'm sure I've missed a few and you'll disagree. Fine, GREAT, AWESOME. then go ahead. its a free world and i think you all are wrong.
- A bag of cheese fries from the Weiner's Circle