Seeing how UFC is the sport with the most upward mobility, I have decided to try and introduce the Fighters into the mainstream. After every UFC fight I will produce updated rankings. These rankings do not include fighters not currently under the contract of UFC, such as Fedor Emelianenko. Enjoy, Learn, and Comment. I am always up for suggestions or detractions from the list
1. Randy Couture- Many thought that he would be too old to make any significant comeback. He has proved everybody wrong. Captain America shocked everyone with his upset of Tim Sylvia to win the belt. Next, he faced an opponent who many feared would upset the champ. Couture dominated the fight against Gonzaga, fighting through a broken arm and a few kicks to the head. Look for him to provide two or three more title defenses.
2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira- Minatauro Nogueira made his UFC debut in the STACKED fight card. He got his first victory in the octagon by way of desiscion against Heath Herring. Look for him to challenge Couture for his belt in the next title defense.
3. Mirko Cro-Cop- Even though the former PRIDE fighter lost his last match to Gabriel Gonzaga, he will still be a force in the UFC. No heavyweight has the striking ability that this man has. He is a lethal kickboxer that consistently leave oppenents unconscious. Look for a very intriguing fight against Chieck Kongo, the second best striker in the division.
4. Gabriel Gonzaga- Gonzaga showed that he was not yet ready to rule the Heavyweight division. Even though he was dominated by Couture, he still managed to carry an undefeated record into the octogon with a win over Cro-Cop. Look for this young fighter to continue improving, especially stamina, and fight for the belt again.
5. Tim Sylvia- Sylvia was the Champ before Couture took away his belt back in March. Even though he looked overmatched in that belt, dont count him out yet. He was dominating the division before that bout.
Notables: Andrei Arlovski, Chiek Kongo, Fabricio Werdum