what a whirlwind week. kyle johnson gets released after sitting out the final preseason game with the rest of the starters. mike bell survives the trade rumors and is now the #2 fullback.
the broncos sign simeon rice.
now it's game time.
my keys for sunday's game:
1) the broncos must run the ball. they will.
2) the broncos must stop the run. no more vanilla base defense, it's show time and now we get to see if the broncos are able to execute jim bates' system. the talent is there.
3) rookies jarvis moss, tim crowder, and marcus thomas must contribute right away.
4) jay cutler must make smart decisions with the football and keep mistakes to a minimum. he doesn't have to win the game, he just can't lose it.
5) special teams must give both the broncos' offense and defense favorable field position. imho, this is the biggest question mark going into the season.
a win in buffalo will allow fans to put the preseason behind them.
prediction: broncos 27, bills 17.