The amount of outstanding backs that came out of that 08 draft is staggering. Here are the real deals and steals of 2008...............
1) Chris Johnson Tenn. 609 carries 3,234 yards 5.3 avg.
2) Matt Forte Chi. 574 carries 2,167 yards 3.8 avg (948 yards receiving)
Matt doesn't have a good average but is a workhorse who is effective in receiving.
3) Jon Stewart Car. 405 carries 1,969 yards 4.9 avg.
4) Ray Rice Balt. 361 carries 1,793 yards 5.0 avg.
5) Jamaal Charles KC 257 carries 1,477 yards 5.7 avg.
6) R. Mendenhall Pitt. 261 carries 1,166 yards 4.5 avg.
7) Felix Jones Dallas 146 carries 951 yards 6.5 avg.
Felix Jones also had 217 yards rushing on 30 carries in two playoff games in 09.
8) Tashard Choice Dallas 156 carries 821 yards 5.3 avg.
9) Steve Slaton Hou. 399 carries 1,719 yards 4.3 avg.
Slaton had a great rookie year but his fumbling and a poor subpar second season leave his potential a question mark to Texan fans. Slaton is an excellent receiver with 794 yards in just two seasons.
Its incredible that the best of the lot was supposed to be DMac Darren McFadden who has proven he may be at the bottom of the list?
D. McFadden Oak. 217 carries 856 yards 3.9 avg.
When you consider the mark of an outstanding back is around 4.4 to 4.5 per carry, these backs drafted in 08 might prove to be the best running back draft in history.