This Saturday my beloved Penn State Nittany Lions take on the Michigan Wolverines. Most people talk about this being an easy win for us, but I really do not think that it will be.
My top five reasons Michigan should not be written off:
1. Michigan is coming off of a great game and they are finally beginning to show their talent.
2. Penn State is playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. They have not beaten Michigan the last eight times that these teams have played(although they were cheated out of a win by the refs two years ago).
3. Anthony Morelli is still not completely consistent. He has played well in two and a half of the three games this year, but his play in the first half of the notre dame game kept it close for a while.
4. Starting running back Austin Scott has struggled. He had two fumbles against Buffalo before being replaced by the arguably better Kinlaw.
5. The defense struggled against Buffalo in the fourth quarter. They gave up twenty-one points to them in the fourth quarter. The positive is that you can expect this defense to bounce back, being easily one of the top five in the nation.
I am not saying that Michigan will win the game. I am simply saying that people should not write them off just yet.
Penn State: 34, Michigan: 17