I've been thinking over an idea for a few days and I've decided to give it a shot.
I believe there are many of us on Fan Nation that hold some of these views.
1) The TD scoreboard isn't accurate.
2) 50 TDs is a ton of TDs to get through.
3) Records don't mean a whole hell of a lot.
4) That guy has 60 wins, but the only person he TDs against is Deacon and Lucky Strike.
5) I wish there was a better way to gauge how I'm doing against my peers.
6) I wonder if I'm doing better then I used too. Maybe I'm worse.
7) Why did The Ghost Whisperer have to happen? We were so, so, so close to JLH shedding more then her pride.
8) I love putting together tournaments, but seeding people is a pain in the ass.
Anyways, that's why I thought it might be interesting to put together a Power Rankings. These rankings would be compiled from votes coming out of Fan Nations' TD participants. If anything, maybe these rankings would answer some of these questions. In the end, I think it's worth the effort.
Before I go over the details, I'll indicate a few things.
1) I will not share anybody's votes with anybody else. If you can't trust me, then don't vote.
2) If there is somebody else out there that would rather do this or feels more qualified, by all means take the torch from my hands.
3) This can be purely what we, Fan Nation, make of it. If we want it to be a joke or waste of time, so be it.
Now, on to the details.
When do we vote?
My goal is to have the rankings out every Monday morning, so the voting will go from Monday-Friday at Midnight. For this first list, I'll take votes from the moment I'm done with this blog until Friday, May 7th at midnight. The goal is to have the first rankings out on May 10th. Please send it to my FM. That will be the only place that I will collect the vote. You may vote as many times as you would like, but only if you're going to make a change and I'll consider your last entry as the final vote.
Who gets to vote?
* If you're on any of the 3 leaderboards at any time during the voting period and have the following qualifications:
Overall board with a 50% winning pct.
30 Day board with a 70% winning pct.
90 Day board with a 50% winning pct.
Rookies with a 80% winning percentage and at least 5 TDs completed.
* If you were to do enough TDing on the day you submit your vote and regardless of that TD's outcome, you would be on the Overall leaderboard, you can vote. This way, those of us who chose to retire from TDing but are still active can vote.
* Special case scenarios. If you don't qualify from the first two points indicated, you can give me your reasoning why you should count as a voter. I will make a case-by-case decision and will reference people who have been around for a long time.
* While I can be voted on, I won't be voting (not to say that I think I'll ever be on the list, there really isn't any modest way to type that).
* You only have to meet one of these qualifications at any time during the duration of the voting.
* You CANT vote for yourself. This should keep the #1 slot from being abused.
Who can we vote for?
Anybody who has appeared in one of the 3 leaderboards during the voting duration. I want the rankings to be current.
What should we be looking for?
That's purely up to you. In my opinion, I think the rankings should indicate who is doing the best right now, but like any rankings, every voter has their own criteria.
How many do I vote for?
I want Top 10 lists in numerical order.
Plus, if you want to throw in a comment on one particular person you're putting on the list, I would like to put up a FN member's comment with the people on the list. Those comments will be annonymous, unless requested otherwise.
What to expect on release day?
I'm aiming for a Top 25 master list, but there may not be enough people getting votes to make a Top 25, so Top 25 will just be the stopping point, followed by honorable mentions.
Following that Monday release, I might tinker with other statistics from the voting, but I want to concentrate on the main rankings for now.
I think I've covered enough ground, but I'm sure there might be questions, concerns, or things I missed, so fill free to comment, which I'm sure you will.
I'll make changes that I think are for the best in the rankings, but they'll always be cleared up prior to the next voting period.
Of course, this just may be a bad idea or nobody will care, which is entirely possible. Regardless, thanks for reading.