The top 5 in my power rankings has remained constant; however, there has been much change in the rest of the top 16. The change was due to a crazy week. I've been really busy this week and I haven't had much free time over the past week, that's why I'm doing my power rankings right now.
1. New England Patriots--The scary part about the Patriots is the versatility they have on both offense and defense. The Patriots have obviously shown the ability to spread out an opponent and throw for about 5000 yards a game, but they also have the ability to punch you in the face and run the ball at will. Defensively, Adalius Thomas allows Belichick to do so many different things defensively that he hasn't been able to do over the past two years. As well as that secondary of the Patriots has played, they're getting Rodney Harrison back from injury and that should make a top 2 defense in the NFL even more potent.
2. Indianapolis Colts--The Colts are a little banged up right now, but they should be able to overcome those injuries this week. I think that Kenton Keith will be just as productive as Addai as he showed against the Denver Broncos. However, the two main injuries that worry me are the injuries to Marvin Harrison and Bob Sanders. The Colts are a different team when Bob Sanders is healthy because Sanders brings a physical style to their defense. As for Marvin Harrison, the Colts would then have to split Dallas Clark out wide, and Ben Utecht is hurt, so they have no one to fill that Dallas Clark role, but Manning is good enough to overcome those injuries for a week or two until everyone gets healthy.
3. Pittsburg Steelers--The Steelers just had an off game against the Cardinals and they just didn't show up to play, but they are still a top 3 team. That was a game the Steelers should've won and Mike Tomlin will have the Steelers ready to play next week. That offense didn't look like the usual Steeler offense in the desert; they weren't able to run the ball at will and Roethlisberger threw it more than 30 times. I do think that the Steelers will be able to run the ball for the rest of the year and I think that they'll have a big win against Seattle this week.
4. Dallas Cowboys--Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett have done a tremendous job with a very talented team. Last year, the Cowboys were making some stupid mistakes and they had a lot of miscommunication among each other and those sorts of things, especially in coverage. However, Wade Phillips has fixed a lot of those problems, I haven't really seen any miscommunication or any other stupid mental mistakes and that tells me that this team is very well coached. The offensive line of this team has manhandled opposing defensive lines. This team is built to wear teams down late in the fourth quarter and Marion "The Bull" Barber is running like a bull.
5. Green Bay Packers--That Packers defense is playing really well and Mike McCarthy has done an excellent job of taking these talented, young players and developing them into stars. Brett Favre is back to his old MVP self and that young offensive line has developed some chemistry. As for that defense, this defense is stacked. They're playing really good football, but the lack of ability to run the ball gives me some worry.
6. Seattle Seahawks--I'm still not completely sold on the Seahawks. However, their defense has played pretty well and Shaun Alexander has been able to run the ball with decent success. Deion Branch has played extremely well and Bobby Engram has been solid. I have a feeling that the Seahawks are this year's Rams(get off to a hot start and stumble down the stretch), but as of now, the Seahawks are playing pretty well and that's why they're up here.
7. Tennesse Titans--Vince Young is a stud and the Titans have done a great job pounding the ball at will against other teams. The Titans are playing very physical football, which is always a good sign and that Titans defense is playing very well as well. The Titans also have one of the best coaches in the league in Jeff Fischer who has done a tremendous job with the development of Vince Young along with having his team playing great defense and his team having the ability to run the ball.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers--The Bucs are playing very well and Jon Gruden has done a terrific job with that offense. By the looks of it, Jeff Garcia is playing extremely well and I do think the loss of Cadillac will hurt a little bit, but I didn't think he was very good in the first place so it should be something that the Bucs can get over.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars--I don't feel like writing another explanation.
10. Baltimore Ravens--See Jacksonville Jaguars
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Detroit Lions
13. Houston Texans
14. New York Giants
15. Denver Broncos
16. Washington Redskins