ACC games to look for this week:
1. Boston College @ Notre Dame- Not used to seeing a matchup like this. Number 4 Boston College is taking on 1-5 Notre Dame. This game shouldn't be close, but Notre Dame is coming off their first win.
2. Florida State @ Wake Forest- Last year's ACC champion faces off with 2007 contender Florida State. Judging by the close game Wake Forest played against Duke, only winning by five, I wouldn't expect this game to be very close.
3. Virginia @ Maryland- 4-2 Maryland looks to keep this momentum up after two upsets in a game against 5-1 Virginia. Virginia may be 5-1, but UMD will be looking to expose them as frauds, as their competition to this point has been lackluster, and their games close.Note: Game is actually on the 20th, my bad.
4. Ga. Tech @ Miami- These teams are turning into annual underachievers. Miami was blown out earlier this year by Oklahoma, and Ga. Tech started the year ranked only to be 1-3 in ACC play to date. Look for a close game.
ACC Power Rankings for the week
1. Boston College- Is there any real surprise here? BC is the only undefeated team left in the ACC, and they have played like national title contenders to this point. The toughest part of their schedule is ahead of them, so they will need to stay sharp if they want a chance at being undefeated. Next Game: @ Notre Dame
2. Virginia Tech- Lost only game to now no.1 ranked LSU. The only problem is, they lost bad. Early season national title talks went out the window with that loss, but they should still be playing in the ACC championship game for a shot at the Orange Bowl. Next Game: @ Duke
3. Florida State- 4-1 record, only loss was in a close game played at Clemson in week 1. Beat Colorado, the team who upset Oklahoma. Won by 17 this week over SEC powerhouse Alabama. Next Game: @ Wake Forest
4. Maryland- Two straight wins over No. 10 Rutgers and Ga. Tech vault them into the no. 4 spot. If they move to 5-2 against Virginia, people will start to notice. Next Game: 10/20 Vs. Virginia
5. Clemson- I couldn't decide on Miami or Clemson for the five spot at first, but decided that while Clemson has lost two straight games, it's not like the teams they played were UNC, or anyone like that.Next Game: Central Michigan
6. Miami- Miami looked to finally be turning things around. The only blemish on their 4-1 record was a crushing defeat to Oklahoma. Then, they played UNC. Now, they look gross. Next Game: Ga. Tech
7. Virginia- Many people may take heat to this, as Virginia sits pretty with a 5-1 record and 3-0 conference record. However, the only talent they have faced all year was Ga. Tech, and a 5 point win doesnt garner worlds of praise. Either does winning 60% of your games by 5 or less points, and losing by 20 to Wyoming. Next Game: UCONN
8. Wake Forest- Toss up between Wake Forest and Ga. Tech in this spot. Decided the team with the better conference record would suit just fine, even though they gave up 36 to Duke on Saturday. Next Game: Florida State
9. Ga. Tech- This team came into the season ranked into the top 25, and was looking to have a very successful year. They now sit at 3-3 with all 3 losses coming inside the ACC. Their season, well it's shot. Next Game: @ Miami
10. UNC- Lets hear it for Butch Davis! He's really turning this program around, and I'm being serious. They would usually have about ZERO wins around this time, but their working with a nice number two in the win column, and are not in the cellar of the ACC. Next Game: South Carolina
11. Duke- They scored 36 points on Wake Forest, give them some credit. Next Game: Virginia Tech
12. NC State- Once a ACC powerhouse, now lower than Duke in the power rankings. Gross. Next Game: @ East Carolina