Yesterday, the list of FIFA Player of the Year Award nominees were released. This is a shortlist of 30 candidates, keep in mind that these guys are the best of the best. After I give you the list, I'll give you my top 5 and tell you who should win this year's award.
1. Gianluigi Buffon, GK- Italy
2. Fabio Cannavaro, D- Italy
3. Petr Cech, GK- Czech Republic
4. Cristiano Ronaldo, AM- Portugal
5. Deco, M- Portugal
6. Didier Drogba, ST- Ivory Coast
7. Michael Essien, DM- Ghana
8. Samuel Eto'o, ST- Cameroon
9. Gennaro Gattuso, M- Italy
10. Steven Gerrard, M- England
11. Thierry Henry, ST- France
12. Juninho, M- Brazil
13. Kaka, M- Brazil
14. Miroslav Klose, ST- Germany
15. Philip Lahm, LFB- Germany
16. Frank Lampard, M- England
17. Rafael Marquez, D- Mexico
18. Lionel Messi, M/F- Argentina
19. Alessandro Nesta, D- Italy
20. Andrea Pirlo, M- Italy
21. Franck Robery, M- France
22. Juan Roman Riquelme, M- Argentina
23. Ronaldhino, M- Brazil
24. Wayne Rooney, ST- England
25. John Terry, D- England
26. Carlos Tevez, ST- Argentina
27. Lillian Thuram, D- France
28. Fernando Torres, ST- Spain
29. Ruud van Nistelrooy, ST- Netherlands
30. Patrick Vieira, M- France
My Top 5
5. Ronaldinho- still a great player, but he dropped off a little last year.
4. Gianluigi Buffon- the best goalkeeper in the world should get plenty of votes.
3. John Terry- the English captain has stepped up time and time again. He is truly all class.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo- the young, Portugues playmaker made his breakout move, what will he do in the upcoming season?
1. Kaka- the man who dominated the UEFA Champions League last year is the winner of the FIFA Player of the Year Award. He is now the best Brazilian player, let's see how he plays for the remainder of the season.
* These are my thoughts and opinions, disagree if you like. Post you top 5 if you like.*