1. New England Patriots--The Patriots are taking good football teams like the Cowboys and Chargers and making them look average. The Patriots offense moved the ball at will against a pretty good Cowboys defense. The Patriots have too many weapons on offense to cover. You can take away Randy Moss, but then they'll go to Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Ben Watson, or they'll run the ball. As for the Patriots defense, they held the formerly #1 offense to 20 points and 300 yards.
2. Indianapolis Colts--The Colts are still in the middle of the pack when it comes to stopping the run, but that offense forces other teams to play at their pace. If they control the clock and score, the Colts offense comes right down the field and before you know it, they get into a shootout, which is what the Colts want you to do. As for the Colts defense, it's built to win at the end. The defense's strength is when they can pin their ears back and let Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis come after the quarterback. That's why the Colts are so tough to beat.
3. Pittsburg Steelers--The Steelers are running the ball well, they're throwing the ball well, and they play great defense, that's the sign of a great football team. The Steelers are the only team in the NFL that have a chance to slow down the Patriots and the Colts offenses as of right now. The Steelers aren't turning the ball over like they did last year and they're creating turnovers on defense, something they didn't do last year. The Steelers are clearly the #3 team in the league right now.
4. Dallas Cowboys--The Cowboys are still a good football team even though they were dominated by the Patriots. The Cowboys front 7 is one of the best in the league and they were able to pressure Brady, but Jaques Reeves and Roy Williams can't cover, and that presents some major issues against the Patriots. That offense has to have more production that it did against the Patriots, but they still had success moving the ball.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars--Ever since that Titans Week 1 loss, the Jaguars are dominating time of possession and they're reestablishing the line of scrimmage after the snap. Jacksonville still isn't able to stretch the field vertically, but they're running the ball and that's how they get their big plays. Also, David Garrard is playing mistake free football and the Jaguars are able to win on the road this year.
6. Green Bay Packers--The Packers are winning games they really shouldn't like their wins against the Eagles on Week 1 and the Redskins last week, but the important part is that they're winning games. However, Brett Favre had an absolutely dreadful game against the Redskins and he can't play like he did last week. The Packers defense is playing really well and creating opportunities for their offense.
7. New York Giants--The Giants are playing excellent football right now. That defense has really come together and Eli Manning has developed into a good quarterback and a great leader. It seems like the Giants have become the new Denver Broncos when it comes to running the ball. Tiki Barber ran the ball well last year, then Brandon Jacobs is running the ball well this year, and Derrick Ward has ran the ball well when Brandon Jacobs was injured. Tom Coughlin is a good coach and the Big Blue Wrecking Crew is back.
8. Baltimore Ravens--The Ravens aren't a very good football team, but there really aren't many good football teams in the NFL right now. That Ravens defense is playing really well, but that offense isn't that good. The Ravens cannot convert in the red zone no matter who's under quarterback. Instead of scoring touchdowns, they're settling for field goals. Also, Brian Billick has to give up the playcalling to the offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel. The Ravens have the capability to be a good football team, but they've got to play better on offense and they have to be able to execute in the red zone.
9. San Diego Chargers--The San Diego Chargers that we saw last year are back. Phillip Rivers is playing well, that defense is playing well, and Tomlinson is running well. The one thing about the Chargers that worries me is when a team with weapons at wide receiver is going to spread them out and let it fly, like the Patriots and Packers did, but the Chargers are playing very well.
10. Washington Redskins--Greg Williams has that defense playing like Greg Williams defenses play, they swarm to the ballcarrier and they attack the passer. That secondary is a top 2 secondary and Sean Taylor is turning into a hell raiser. As for the Redskins offense, Jason Campbell is turning into a good passer and they're able to run the ball. Joe Gibbs has done a very good job with the Redskins.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
12. Tennessee Titans
13. Carolina Panthers
14. Detroit Lions
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Kansas City Chiefs