Week 3 has come around in this series. Let's see what's on my mind this time around:
1) Backup QB's: Tim Rattay and Vinny Testaverde are going at it as 3rd-stringers, David Gerrad just got injured last night (the Jags are said to be looking for a veteran QB), Drew Bledsoe has gotten calls from teams, and the world of NFL QB's are in danger of injuries everywhere, except Favre, Manning, and Brady.
My thought: Elway, Montana, Young, Marino, Flutie, and Starr will come back and try to lead teams to the postseason. Well, maybe not Starr.
2) The Patriots: This isn't about going perfect, wow! This is about Brady playing, and throwing, in the 4th quarter when the Dolphins seemed to be put away, instead of not taking the risk of injury and letting the backup build up his confidence for when he is needed. A bold move by the Billicheck.
My thought: New England is lucky this didn't haunt them, if they do it again, expect Brady to get knocked out of the game, especially if they are playing the Texans and Brady goes out for a block on a running play.
3) The Colts: The media is making it seem like there is only 1 undefeated team left in the NFL, but the Indy Colts are also unbeaten. Remember, these guys just won the Super Bowl last season.
My thought: It's pretty weird how an undefeated and defending champion team like the Colts are slipping under the radar like they are. I'm going to say the Colts finish with a better record than the Pats just to say "We did better than them, and nobody cared until now." Maybe they would get more publicity with T.O. on the team. Think about it, Moss and Owens...wow.
1) USC-Notre Dame: this rivalry isn't much of a rivalry now. 38-0 and the Irish are doing well, terrible.
My thought: Notre Dame is lucky to have a win this year, and I can't wait to see what freshmen they get next year.
1) Red Sox: This is a '04 ALCS on a smaller scale; they weren't playing NYY, only the Indians, and they only bounced back down 3-1. Still an amazing comeback.
My thought: I'm sticking to my prediction and saying the Rockies amazing streak will go through the Series and win in 5 games. They won't win in blowouts; Boston will put up a fight, though.
2) Joe Torre: He didn't get "fired", he just rejected a deal that he didn't like. Now the Yankees are trying to find a new manager.
My thought: Mattingly edges out Girardi for the job.
Okay, my fingers are tired and I can't think of anything else. There's the thoughts from a Cheezhead, what do you think?