So I have been on this site for a long time (going on 2 years now), and I have done upwards of 350+ TD's. Here are some things that I noticed people do on a regular basis, and here is my serious/humorous take on the whole thing.
Let's start with the CREATION of a TD.
- Starting a TD with the title being "Peyton Manning is the best QB of All-Time", then the first argument is comprised only of the following sentence: "Tell me I'm wrong Beotch!". At this point, the person who accepts this TD could literally type "You are wrong", and win by a landslide. I choose to accept TD's like this and simply type in "Cake and Boobies". It is not a gender-biased argument whatsoever. Girls like cake (and sometimes boobies), and guys like both cake and boobies (besides Cain. To get his vote, you must type "Cake and Weiners"). You can't lose with a cake and boobies argument.
- Secondly, I hate when people start TDs with no first argument. This is a major pet-peeve of mine. If you don't intend to post an argument, do everyone a favor and log off the site. These TD's are only mildly acceptable when you are advertising a blog or upcoming TD tournament. When I see a interesting TD that is open but has no argument, I literally want to come that person's house and rip a huge wet fart directly in their nostrils.
- Extreme Homer TDs- I have started a few of these myself. For example, the last 2 years before baseball season I started a TD saying "The Pirates will win the World Series This Year", and I won both of them. But that's neither here nor there. People who create TD's like that in a serious manner should be banned from the site permenantly. NOTE: RSP is the biggest "homer" on this site because he showers with his parents. Nothing is more "homerish" than that.
Now let's move on to the arguing portion of the TD.
- Loopholes. These make me sick. When someone makes a TD entitled "Best 5 Man NBA Team", and then list 5 current players, that is fine. What makes it **** is when the person accepting the TD makes an all-time greats type team, and his defense is, "Well the title doesn't say to use current players". I want to punch these people directly in the beanbag. You know what the hell the TD is about. Argue accordingly.
- Use all 1200 characters for god sakes. If someone types an argument thats 300 characters, and his opponent used 1200, I am much more inclined to vote for the more in-depth argument. *NOTE*---1200 characters means 1200 actual textual characters. It doesn't mean post pictures of word files to make your argument 100,000 characters long. You are a tool Alchemist.
- Forfeited Turns should equal an automatic loss for the TD. There have been times where I was winning a TD by 5 votes, but then I forgot to post an argument and forfeited a turn. I then went on to forfeit the TD to my opponent because he deserved the win more than I did because he didn't forfeit. Etiquette people. Live it, Love it, Learn it....Except when it comes to talking about Cain being a huge SF homosexual.
Now, the third and final portion. TD Voting.
- Hate voting is highly encouraged when the person you are hate voting against is a transgendered cheater with an ego problem. I will leave it at that.
- TD's are about arguments, not who has the better choice. People who look at the title of a TD and think, "He's right, Chipper Jones is by far the best player in MLB history (right Outlaw?!?)" and vote straight to that side regarldless of what's going on with the arguments should have their votes deleted on the spot.
- When you vote on a TD, please leave a comment. Even if it is as simple as this, "Vote left", or "Vote right", or "I caught left sleeping with my mother, vote right". You don't need to type a huge explanation, but at least help the other users think you aren't a dupe account.
- If you vote in the final minutes of a TD with an inactive account, you are a total butt hole. Someone that will remain un-named has done this multiple times, with accounts like Paul Blart, and Vae_Victis. Something is obviously fishy when that happens. Clearly you are either one of the two TD participants, or someone has fanmailed you asking for your vote in the final minutes. I fart in the general direction of all people who do this.
- Not all comments in the TD thread have to be related to the actual TD itself. Recently, myself and a few other members have racked up staggering amounts of comments in TD's simply by posting videos, making fun of RSP for showering with his parents, making fun of Cain's sexual orientation, or changing people's quote boxes to make it seem like they enjoy a big dong in their face. (doesn't have to be Cain in this instance).
Lastly, have fun people. This site doesn't need to be so uptight all the time.