I remember my first few throwdowns as if they were yesterday. Without looking back and reading the arguments again, I remember what I said and how things have progressed (if they have) from there.
In that throwdown about the Giants, I totally screwed up the TD. Anyone with half a brain could see what Jrod was going for and I messed up badly. I still won the TD. What a disgrace. Shame on me and shame on the voters.
That is the kind of TD that makes people quit the site. In hindsight, I should have forfeited.
I could get into the idiots who make TD's that have no basis in sports or logic. I could get into the dupes. I could get into a lot of problems about this site, but my main issue is voting. 95% of the time I vote on arguments. The other 5% is pity votes, votes against
"obvious win attempts," etc...
I am really really really tired of the arbitrary voting on this site though. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind losing. Check out this TD:
My opponent countered my 1st argument so well, I forfeited. I honestly thought be put forward the better team. Why keep going if he convinced ME that his team was better? It's about honesty and integrity.
Same opponent here:
He screws up the TD. He doesn't forfeit and people vote him the winner, much like the 1st example I listed where I won the TD. Like that 1st TD, a grievous error was made by many people.
Here is another TD where a mistake was made, but things were done correctly.
OM=Sharks had the decency to realize he made a mistake and took the loss. Since then, I have respected him immensely. Sadly, people like this are few and far between on the site.
In short, I have give multiple examples of why TD records mean absolute crap. Some of us win for the most ridiculous reasons (hate votes, friend votes, stance on topic, etc...). I'd rather be at 40% or 50% win ratio, so long as the voting was on merit. As it is, I feel that any and all records (including my own, which is decent) hold absolutely no credibility and as such, feel doing them is a waste of my time.
This was the latest BS throwdown I had the "pleasure" of taking part in. As you can see in the comments, Sloppy Jalopy disagrees with my take that Deron Williams will leave Utah. He votes "left" even though my opponent clearly does not do what he argues. He says he will prove 6 points false, but doesn't even address several of them. Cut and dried, this is a no-brainer in terms of voting. Dew said one thing, didn't make good on it, but yet garners votes for his "stance."
I've had enough of wasting hours on hours on multiple TD's for what amounts to nothing really.
I usually get a kick out of these "so long" blogs, but I felt obligated to do one myself, since I assume the six or seven guys I regularly converse with will send me FM wondering where I am.
Tenrings, Dex, Yoda, Adam, OM, DJ and everyone else that I had the pleasure of speaking with on a regular basis... so long. I am no longer "entertained" by the people on the site. I will still be around checking out the "T&R" section and I will finish the hockey tourney, but I am done.