1) Joe Torre: Out of job and in LA. Well, I think NYY made a stupid mistake, but I don't really care. Who knows what he will do in LA?
My thought: No thought, because everything I want to say will get a lot of backfire in the comments. :D
2) The Red Sox: Put out Colorado's fire. The ended that huge winning streak, and like that Cleveland guy said (can't remember his name): "The champagne tastes better on the road!"
My thought: The '04 ALCS stopped the curse. Everything has been good in Boston since then. I could say the curse has reversed on NYY because of how they have done in the postseason since then, but again, I'm not because of comment back-fire that I don't really want to hear. :D
1) Brett Favre on Monday Night Football: He never seems to stop amazing us on Monday nights, huh? 21-27, over 200 yards, 2 touchdowns to a rookie and 2nd year over Champ Bailey AND Dre Bly...can't get much better than that. Unless the final TD was a 82 yarder in overtime.
My thought: The Packers looked great, and I've been looking forward to the end of November, when they face Dallas, for a while, because I have a friend who's a Dallas fan, and they also have the best record in the NFC.
2) The Patriots and Tom Brady: They "are who we thought they were!", but I'm not ready to crown them yet. Anyway, what's up with running up the scores? 38-0 over Washington, and Brady's still in throwing! Do you think he might want Manning's TDs in a season record?
My thought: Like I said last week, if Billichick keeps this up, Brady's gonna get hurt, and I don't think Doug Flutie's going to make a comeback.
3) The Colts: The Patriots are who we thought they were, but the team that got crowned last year, Indy, keeps slipping under the radar. I'm ready to label them as the "most under-hyped undefeated team in the history of the NFL", but I think that's too long.
My thought: It might be easier if I abbriviate their title to MUHUTITHOFNFL...or not. The Colts will beat the Patriots this weekend in a close one just to open up the media's eyes.
1) USC: The AP-poll's "#1 preseason team every year just because their name is USC" dropped 2 straight. But that's how it is this year.
My thought: I'm not predicting anything, because this season you can't predict anything about any team.
1) Mini- SI cover jinx: South Florida was on the cover 2 issues ago in the corner saying "No Bull: South Florida's #2!", but have lost 2 straight since then.
My thought: Please don't put the Packers, Bulls, Avalanche, or Duke on the cover; instead, put the Vikings, Eagles, Cowboys, Pistons, Cavs, Red Wings, Stars, Flyers, and UNC on: I don't care if they get jinxed (sorry if you guys do) :D.