They're baaaaaaaaaaaack. No, not the ghosts, but your power rankings.
I know there are a lot of new folks out here and a lot of the old folks are gone. So, here's a bit of history to the power rankings.
This is my 4th season doing NFL power rankings.
I only rank the top 10 teams, because does it really matter who is ranked 27th? I don't have the time or patience to rank all 32 teams. I want to put out a quality blog...
Sorry for that interuption, but whenever I use the words "quality blog" in my blo........
Dang it. The blog starts laughing at me.
Where was I? Oh yeah I was splaining. I try to change things up each season, and this one is no different.
This season I will be adding computer rankings. The computer rankings are done using a secret formula I created that is applied equally to all teams. It then spits out the results. You will see several difference bewteen the two rankings. My rankings are very subjective(the rules are explained below), while the computer is cold and has no feelings, nor does it watch the games. It only applies the formula.
I prefer my rankings over the computer rankings. But we'll see which ones FN likes better.
Before I post thr rankings, here are the rules:
2. They are based solely on my opinion and fully represent the opinions of this blog.
3. If you don't like them, write your congressman
4. I never have nor ever will change them based on public opinion
5. The rankings never have nor will ever be based soley on a teams win-loss record
Now for the Week 1 Power Rankings
- Saints (1-0) - They are the defending champs. Until they are beaten they stay on top. The SB winner has always started out #1 in my rankings and will do so forever.
- Patriots (1-0) - I guess Welker answered all of our questions. But then again they were only playing the Bengirls.
- Packers (1-0) - Anyone besides me frantically searching the waiver wire in FF leagues for a new starting RB?
- Texans (1-0) - This is the highest they have ever been in my rankings. That's what getting a 200 pound gorilla off your back will do.
- Ravens (1-0) - Yeah it was an ugly game, but what did you expect. The Ravens are not going to blow very many people out. They are good at exposing posers at quarterback though.
- Colts (0-1) - Does one person really make that much of a difference to a team? Here's history lesson for you. The last time the Colts had a pitiful run defense, they won the Superbowl. Just sayin....
- Chargers (0-1) - Yeah they lost a heartbreaker to the Griefs, but I still believe they are the best team in the AFC West. Sorry Kitty.
- Titans (1-0) - OK, whoever took the real Vince Young please bring him back. That guy the Titans had on the field Sunday actually resembled a quarterback.
- Steelers (1-0) - Yes it was an ugly win. But did you really expect Dennis Dixon to light it up? Be grateful Steeler nation that they won a game most people didn't think they would win.
- Giants (1-0) - Hmmm, let's see if that was the real Giants or if they were the benefactors of playing the Kittens.
- LoveitHateit (267-0) - She finally clawed and scracthed her way to the top.
Ok, now let's see what the cold, heartless computer spits out:
See what I mean?
OK, that's it for now FN'ers. If you like the blog tell your friends about it and come back next week. If you hate it tell your friends about it and let them make up their own mind. then come back and see if it changed for the better.
See you next week. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.