It's been slightly over 2 years since i joined this site, and seeing as how i have seen others mark the occasion with a blog; i figured what the hell. I have had fun throughout the years coming on here when i'm bored, high, in a lecture, or when i can't fall asleep. I just wanted to say thanks to the fannation community. I may not be as active as some members -cough DJ cough- , but i have enjoyed everything everyone brings to the site. (well maybe not everyone)
Iv'e seen great members come and go on this site, but those that stayed are the ones i really want to thank. I will not list names, because well i don't want to leave people off and i'm not one for giving credit. To those i may have offended i'm sorry, but it's not personal; i'm a sarcastic SOB. It's been a fun two years, and i hope it will continue to be a good time.
Seeing as i'm not really one for this emotional or thank you stuff, i figured i'd throw in some random sports thoughts just to balance it out.
1. Paul Konerko may have played his last time in a White Sox uniform, but no matter what i don't think it should be the last I see #14 in Comiskey (yeah i still call it that). I believe that the captain has done enough to have his number retired by the organization. He ranks top 10 all time in most categories, brought a ring to the franchise, and represented the jersey with class and honor amongst other things.
2. adding to 1 Mark Buehrle should also receive that honor when he calls it quits
3. Cold weather = good news for bears. Cold weather + torn up Soldier Field from high school playoff games = great news for Bears. Cold Weather + torn up field + no respect for Bears = Eagles loss on Sunday
4. Derrick Rose asking "why can't i win the MVP" is starting to seem like a possibility. He's leading the Bulls to their best circus trip record since some dude named MJ played and scoring with ease without having even played with Boozer who's pick and roll game should open up the floor even more for Rose. Did i mention he already has made more 3's this year than any other full season in his career?
5. Phillip Rivers is my MVP, with Brady a close 2nd
6. How is Jonathan Toews not nominated for Sportsman of the year? Did anyone accomplish more over the past year? I'm sorry, but the 22 year old future Hall of Fame player deserves at least a nomination.
7. The Yankees should pay Derrick Jeter. He is the Yankees, and if he goes anywhere it will be an embarrassment to the organization. They have never been coy about money before, don't start now.
8. I realize it's just me: but i prefer the BCS to March Madness in terms of determining a proper champion. I'm sorry, but to me the best team ends up winning the BCS more so than March Madness. Don't get me wrong brackets are fun, but to me it's too watered down and makes the regular season games pointless.
9. Speaking of March Madness. THE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS not the conference tournament champions should get an automatic bid. Why not reward the team with the best record against all the teams in the conference. Instead the current system makes the regular season worthless, and teams with losing records can make the field over teams everyone knows are better.
10. If Boise State makes it to the National Championship will they still complain that they aren't proper champs because they didn't get to play TCU? I don't think so, but they should unless they want to be viewed as hippocrates.