10 random sports thoughts:
1) Gotta feel for Kyle Brotzman, he'll become part of the Scott Norwood discussion the next time a kicker misses a big one.
2) Imagine if there was a FBS playoff system with the Top 4 teams:
Auburn/Wisconsin winner vs. Oregon/TCU winner...game played the week before the Super Bowl. CHA-CHING for the NCAA.
3) NFL playoff atmosphere for the 24 hour time period covering Sunday's game between Steelers and Ravens on to Monday's showdown between Jets and Patriots. While I have no emotional investment in either contest, I hope for two hard hitting close games.
4) Did the US really get hosed in the World Cup voting? I say let the Cup take place somewhere else...just my opinion.
5) Adrian Gonzalez in a Red Sox uniform. The plot thickens. Jeter should sign soon so Steinbrenner can get the Sawx off the front page of the sports section.
6) Drew Brees was the perfect choice for Sports Illustrated's 'Sportsman of the Year'. Mr. Brees did it on the field and in the community. That is what being a TRUE sportsman is all about. Keep up the excellent effort.
7) Jimmie Johnson's 5th straight NASCAR championship was one of the best stories of the year. He had to come from behind in the last race of the year. If he wins again next season, I will hope someone lobbies hard for him as a SI Sportsman candidate...6 in a row?! Hope next season will be a competitive as this one.
8) The Yankees paid Carl Pavano $30 million for 26 games and 9 wins and offered their captain $45 for 3 seasons...I am truly worried about the current economic conditions in the United States if the Yankees are actually showing financial restraint!
9) Congrats to Peachy for victory #700. After some research, I found that my TD record against him is 1 win and 3 losses. Also, applause for DJ on his 900th win. Both TD **** keep this site interesting.
10) RIP Ron Santo. We will miss you in the booth!
Happy Holidays to everyone on FN!