1) Puzzling decision for NCAA concerning Cam Newton...declared ineligible on November 30th and re-instated on December 1. What could be going on? Maybe...
a) The NCAA didn't want a repeat of the Reggie Bush fiasco. Cam should win the Heisman in a wash...and then to have 2 winners vacate the trophy in a 2 year period could be another black eye for college football.
b) The NCAA realized that an Auburn/Oregon BCS Championship game means $$$$$ vs. an Oregon/TCU game which means $.
c) The NCAA punishes Cam's dad, but not him...you couldn't make up that story in a million years.
What could the future hold?
Only time will tell.
2) Urban Meyer steps down as the Florida Gators coach. A year too late, but I think he's making the right decision for himself and his family. 103-23 (.817), 2 National Championships....what a great record for his career at Bowling Green/Utah/Florida! Let the future coaching predictions begin!!
3) Sorry, but I don't have too much sympathy for Derek Jeter or the Yankees concerning the contract negotiations. Too bad he had to "settle" for only $17 million a year...poor guy!
4) Amazing when you think about where Tiger Woods was only 13 months ago compared where he is today...at this time in November 2009 the question wasn't just when he would break Jack Nicklaus's PGA Majors record, but how high he would run the total. Fast forward to December 2010; now the question is "will he ever win again?". His fall was almost as steep as Michael Vicks!
5) The Brett Favre watch: Will he play..can he play..if he does play, how will he do? Brad Childress pinned his hopes on #4...the question for Leslie Frasier might be: Will you be as loyal to #4 now that he has "decided" to retire...is Tavaris Jackson the QB of the future? Think this one carefully, your future is at stake.
6) R.I.P Dandy Don Meredith...you were an original!