Top 10 Funny Football Quotes
From James Alder,
1. Joe Theismann, ESPN Announcer and Former NFL Quarterback
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
(Norman? Is he related to Albert? I guess we know who isn't a genius.) (Footnote: Norman Einstein was the Valedictorian in Joe's HS graduating class.)
2. Torrin Polk, University of Houston Wide Receiver
When asked about his coach John Jenkins, he said...
"He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
And next he's going to let them paint their fingernails.
3. Former New Orleans Saints RB George Rogers
"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first"
Now I haven't been in a math class in 20-some odd years, but I do believe 1,000 still comes before 1,500.
4. Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson
"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
Bill also gets extra credit for these inspirational words:
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
5. Dick Butkus, Former Chicago Bears Linebacker
"I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was important -- like a league game."
Hey, at least he holds back in practice!
6. William Perry, Former Chicago Bears Defensive Tackle
"I've been big ever since I was little."
7. Jerry Rice, San Francisco 49ers Wide Receiver
"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that."
You got us Jerry!
8. Lee Corso, College Football Analyst
"Hawaii doesn't win many games in the United States."
Here's a hint for you Lee... Hawaii is in the United States.
9. Bob Hoying, Ohio State Buckeyes Quarterback
After winning a Big Ten title for Ohio State...
"I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who've been around here for six or seven years, especially our seniors."
And the fourth grade was the best three years of his life!
10. Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson, Former Dallas Cowboys Linebacker
Commenting on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw's intelligence...
"He couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the C and the T."