Top AFC Headline: The Colts lost to the San Diego Chargers. Peyton Manning threw SIX interceptions, that is two more than he has thrown all season. He had a quarterback rating of 49.4...OUCH! Also, Adam Vinatieri missed two field goals and if he ,made either one of those, the Colts would have won the game. That is two losses in a row for Indy.
Top NFC Headline: Tony Romo and the 'Boys get a W in their game against the Giants. The final score was 31-20. Tony Romo threw four touchdown passes, two of those went to T.O. Also, the Giants defense only sacked Romo twice. Are the Giants a fluke as a result of their easy schedule? We'll see as the year does on.
The Terrific Ten:
1. New England Patriots (9-0) - The NFL had a week off from the Patriots this week.
2. Indianapolis Colts (7-2) - Despite the loss, they are still numero dos.
3. Dallas Cowboys (8-1) - First in a conference of losers.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2) - They squeaked out a win against the Browns, well, it was more like the Browns squeaked out a loss to the Steelers.
5. Green Bay Packers (8-1) - Marino was lonely, but now Favre joined club of 60,000 yarders and the Packers move on to blow out the Vikes.
6. Cleveland Browns (5-4) - I know that they lost to the Steelers, but why did they call that timeout to decide whether or not to challenge? I guess Romeo Crennel just isn't used to close games late in the 4th quarter.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) - The Jags weren't the Just Average Guys (thanks Tony Kornheisser) this Sunday when they beat the Titans and improved to 6-3, Fred Taylor reached 10,000 yards rushing in his career, and they are now tied for second in their division, I'd say that's a pretty good day.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-4) - Who would've thought before the season started that a team with this many injuries would be atop a division with the Saints and Panthers? I can answer that and the answer is not many or maybe even none! But the Bucs have done it so far.
9. Tennessee Titans (6-3) - They lost to the Jaguars and are now tied for second in their division. Lendale White has had similar stats to Reggie Bush this season, I just thought that was interesting considering the time difference between when they were drafted.
10. New York Giants (6-3) - They lost to the Cowboys by 11. There wasn't much good in this game for the Giants, but Shockey played extremely well. Oh, and Eli, youu might want to let go of the ball sooner.
Surprising things: The New England Patriots have a chance at a top 5 draft pick...wow; the Rams actually won *gasp*; the Dolphins lost again, wait that isn't surprising; and the Buffalo Bills have a winning record!