1. Jenn Sterger doesn't care whether Favre is punished, she's just looking to extend her 15 minutes of fame.
2. The SEC is not as good as its supporters claim. Auburn is a great team, LSU, South Carolina and Alabama are good teams. The Pac 10 has a great team in Oregon and one very good team in Stanford. The Big 10 has three very good teams in Wisconsin, Mich. State and Ohio State. The three conferences stack up fairly evenly.
3. The Sportmen of the Year should've gone to the SF Giants. I suggest reading Tom Verducci's column on the subject, he put it more eloquently than I can. Drew Brees pick was mainly because of sentimentality for New Orleans after Katrina.
4. Boise State is a very good team. They returned 22 of 24 players from the team that went undefeated and beat TCU and Oregon last year. Those players only got better with another year under their belt.
5. Pro sports leagues need to show integrity. When a player tries to choke his coach he should be banned for life, or if a player is involved, even as an accessory, to a fatal shooting, that player should be banned for life. Criminal convictions should not be required because the burden of proof in criminal court is beyond a reasonable doubt. Pro sports leagues, as employers, need not adhere to that strict standard.
6. Cheerleading is not a sport. Dancing is not a sport. Golf is a sport, even bowling is a sport.
7. Phil Mickelson is a good golfer, but not one of the all time greats.
8. There has never been a better coach in any sport than John Wooden.
These are obviously statements of opinion, but THEY ARE TRUE!