The Lakers beat out the Rockets 93 - 90 on Wednesday night. The Lakers suprisingly on to win after their 18 point lead turned in to a three point lead and win. Houston should of won, but a combination of bad free throw shooting (see below) and Tracy McGrady not being healthy (see below) led to only thier second loss of the season.
Notable Key facts in last night's game:
1. Kobe Bryant had 30 points (in 38 minutes), 8 rebounds, and 5 assists.
2. Houston made a dissappointing 23 of 39 free throws (59%). They missed 7 of 15 free throw shots in the fourth quarter . . . just four four more free throw makes and they would of won the game.
3. The lakers only scored 32 points in teh second . . . and still managed to win . . . that tells you that thier defense showed up last night.
4. The Lakers held the Rockets to 35.3% shooting, with Yao Ming only making 6 of his 18 shots.
5. Tracy mcGrady left the game a little bit before the first half ended becasue of a strained right elbow caused by a collision with the Laker's Luke Walton.
Maybe this is a sign that the Laker's are for real, and they can hold thier own against powerful oppenents.
leave a comment with your thoughts, I would really like feedback.