Angry Outburst 1/12/2011
You have to be kidding me
For every one out there praising Cam Newton for they way he dealt with adversity, you are a moron! The so called adversity that the Heisman winner has dealt with has been all self inflicted. Let us not forget the reasons why he was the starting quarterback for Auburn University...
- November 21, 2008 Cam Newton was arrested for stealing a Laptop computer from a student at the University of Florida.
- While a student at the University of Florida Cam Newton was caught cheating on three different occasions. November 9, 2010 the academic cheating was confirmed.
- Fall 2008 Cam Newton with drew from Florida University after being caught cheating and stealing rather then deal with the punishments that were going to be handed down to him.
- Cecil Newton (Cams classy father) said it would take "anywhere between $100,000 and $180,000" to get his son to transfer to MSU." This according to Kenny Rogers, a recruiter who formerly played for the Bulldogs and John Bond who also played for Mississippi State University.
- January 10, 2011 Cecil Newton was asked to not attend the BCS championship game that his son was playing in due to his part in the play for money scheme looming over his son. The request came from the NCAA, BCS and Auburn University, Cam and Cecil agreed to the terms. However after the game Cam was seen waiving his father Cecil down to the field from the stands, you may say huh? That is right as a blatant smack to the face of his team Cam did invite his dad to attend the game, and Cecil attended the entire game under the pretense he was not there.
There are more instances of character issues with Cam Newton, above was just a highlight of some of his more unique problems. The point is, Cam is not a resourceful young man, and he is a manipulative child blessed with good size and a cannon of an arm. Cam will be a first round pick in the 2011 NFL draft, and will be a millionaire following the draft. Obviously Cam Newton should of faced the scrutiny and punishment that Reggie Bush faced, but he was smart enough to go to an SEC school where the "good ol' boy" system runs strong. The problem with Reggie Bush, is that he went to a PAC-10 school where rules are enforced. Cam attended 2 schools in the SEC where he was untouchable. Imagine if Mississippi State would have upped there offer to Cam, maybe 250K then MSU would have beaten Oregon for the National Championship game.