A recent report by anonymous players for the NFL reported in ESPN the magazine (I get all the mags from the sports gurus, as I'm newly retired Army grunt.....I have plenty of time on my hands) that more than 70% of the players in the NFL play for the money, and NOTHING else. They don't care about the bling (ring), they don't care about the Super Bowl, they don't care much for their other players (except that they make more than the next guy), and they don't give a "sheeit" about the town they play for.
The article goes on to say if you see/hear these players talking it up about your town, team, and the Super Bowl, more than 70% (Approximate obviously) are completely lying to you. Money, it's ALL about the money. As long as that check is deposited into their account every 2 weeks, they are happy campers!
So, knowing it's pretty much official now, for sports figures it's all about them, how does that make you feel as a fan? Dissed? Pissed? I wrote a few down, pick one or write your own remark(s):
1. Surprised it was that low, thought it would be 90% or more.
2. I already knew it, but 70%, jeez.......
3. Yeah, I feel dissed/pissed, but we use them as much as they use us
4. Don't care, just an excuse to drink beer and feed my face every Sunday.
5. Don't care, just an excuse to ditch the wife or girlfriend for some male bonding.
6. Here's my take, even though it's a little of everything listed above.......