This is my list and is completely opinionated. So if you like cold hard facts, go read something else. With each of these I will have ratings. There will be an exclusiveness rating (how easy or hard it is to get in), an activeness rating (if there is a lot going on in the group), thrill (how fun it is to be in the group), and an overall rating (how good this group is). Each will be on a scale of 1-10. Last edition's ranking is in parentheses.
1. S.I.F.S. (NR)- For the second straight edition an unranked group has gone right up to number one. This group has two main focuses: throwdowning and blogging. They are exceptionally good at both. The S.I.F.S. was started on October 15th by hiya. It has 27 members right now and is amidst its first throwdown tournament right now.
2. Chat Room Group (1)- Also known as Atroo Grou, this group is the exactly what its name says. All they do is talk. Sometimes they blog but most of the time it is chatting in the Locker Talk. The Atroo was founded on July 28th by Big Ben68. It has grown to 20 members since then. The popular get in. The unpopular don't. It's as simple as that.
3. FanNation Hall of Fame (NR)- The HOF inducts the best members of this site into their own Hall of Fame. Inductees have included those such as Coletrain, Steelercooz, NCshvDavid, and GoatHCW to name a few. But how they do the inducting is great. Everything is decided upon by us! In fact, many people like the idea. The group has 130 members and was established on August 30th by PackersLP21.
4. NFL Fan Club (5)- There were just so many good groups it was tough to choose. Anyways, this group has a mind-boggling 306 members. They conduct their own throwdown tournament as well. It was started by ravensfan* on June 6th and has flourished ever since. Also, their message board is always very active.
5. "FEEL THE STEEL"--Steeler Nation Fan Group (2)- It's not really that this group has gotten worse as much as it hasn't gotten any better with the exception of adding a ton of new members. Who would have known that there were 371 devout Steeler fans on this site? It was founded on May 5th by IRISH-DOC who shoulders most of the blogging workload.
Top 3 Throwdown Leagues and Tournaments
I will also rate these in three areas. First, the stength of field portion. It is about how good of throwdowners the tournament boasts. Next is the topic part. How creative and unique yet fair can a group be with its topics? And, finally, I will see how well the group's leader is at running the tourney or league.
1. S.I.F.S. (NR)- I made it to the semifinals of this group's first tournament but lost to a very good throwdowner in DetroitFan* BS. DJTG_2010 and nomarfan are currently battling it out to see who will face DetroitFan in the championship.
Strength of Field- 8
Leader's Job- 8
2. Tournament Greats Central (NR)- Phillyman runs this one and already has this group up to 104 members. They've already started their 8th tournament but the big talk right now is about Cassidy defeating Super Squirrel in the championship of Tourney #5.
Strength of Field- 5
Leader's Job- 8
3. Tournament Throwdowns (1)- They dropped a little bit this time around because, quite frankly, the group isn't changing. It is neither improving nor getting worse and is staying steady. They have a huge amount of members (123) but that only weakens the talent of the competitors in my opinion. This group is currently working on the second round of their ninth tournament.
Strength of Field- 4
Leader's Job- 7