My top five bets of the day, in order:
1. The Houston Rockets to cover the -6.5 spread over the L.A. Clippers. Yao Ming will cause a lot of problems for the Clippers who are riddled with injuries. The rest of the Rockets team matches up pretty well against the Clippers as well.
2. The Dallas Mavericks to cover the -12 points against the Washington Wizards. The Mavs are pissed after losing two games in a row and will come home tonight with focus. No Gilbert Arenas for the Wizards means they will have trouble scoring consistently.
3. The Trail Blazers are getting 5 points at home tonight against the Orlando Magic. Dwight Howard will have his way with the Blazers, but I think the Blazers are playing well as a team; a young, inexperienced team, but still a team. They will chanllenge the Magic tonight and at least keep it close.
4. The Miami Dolphins are getting 16 points from the Pittsburgh Steelers tonight. The Dolphins have some fight in them. Gotta take the 16 points.
5. Looking for a minor upset in the NHL. Marty Turco pulls it together tonight for the Dallas Stars and they will beat the Islanders in New York.