I know the draft isn't over, but I have the time now, so here are my random impressions so far:
- Thank God that we're even having this discussion. I don't care as an attorney which side is right in the litigation; I'm just glad the judge has ordered life to go on!
- In my humble opinion, the A+ in the first round goes to the Saints. Ingram is a class act who will contribute immediately & in the long run. Bye Reggie!
- Carolina gets a definite F. Personally, I think their pick is going to be the next Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. But even if he's not, it's way too big a gamble. Reminds me of the Saints' trade for Williams. Look how thata turned out even though at the end of his career Williamshas finally become a shadow of whaat he should have been. Prediction - Carolina is going to become the next Detroit.
- St. Louis, what are you doing?! Yes, Sam needs some playmakers around him, but all the playmakers in the world won't do you any good if he's not standing up. I would have taken the top offensive lineman in the first round, and maybe another one in the second.
- Vikings, not bad. I give them a solid B for their first round pick. The only reason I don't grade them higher is that I'm still not convinced about their coaching staff. Ponder has the potential of being a serviceable NFL QB, but only if he gets really good coaching. I certainly think he's a better long-term prospect that Gabbard, who was taken ahead of him.
- Dallas is going to have an even more impressive stable of running backs with the addition of DeMarco Murray.Can't help but wonder if that's not also a comment on their QBs throwing ability & accuracy. With such a strong ground game capability, they may be taking to the air a lot less.