Hey, what's up newbies. I am Esco, and I'm here to help you survive here on FanNation. I consider myself the average member if FanNation. I do TDs, blog, and run a group, and you'll see that a lot of others on here do the same. Well, I'm going to tell you how you can go about living the FanNation life in three areas: Throwdowns, Groups, and Users.
I've noticed that you all are Throwingdown before you are ready. Instead of jumping right into it and making a fool of yourself, you should sit back and watch how the vets do it. I suggest looking at Coletrain, Bombers, Steelerscooz, DetroitFan and BSchwartz's TDs. (BSchwartz went toe to toe with Peter f*cking King!) Once you learn the ropes, you should start a TD, but do it on something you know. But there are some guidelines...
1. Don't be a homer. Yesterday, I played this guy who said the Vikings would win the Super Bowl. I was winning 10-0 before he forfeited. Unless you are Cassidy and are good enough to be a homer and still win, stop it. It won't work, and people hate it.
2. Use proper grammar. Don't LOL during your TD. Don't use "u", "dnt" or other things you'd say while texting. This isn't a cell phone, and we aren't your BFF. Use capital letters, real words, spell right, punctuation, all that grade school stuff.
3. Don't be a jackass. Its one thing to tease people. But when you start being mean and talk about race, sexuality, gender, etc. that's a good way for people to start hating you. Don't diss the vets. Bombers was just elected into the HOF, and someone got mad at him for accepting their TD. You posted it, you have to deal with whoever accepts it. Don't get mad, just do your best.
4. Back up your statements with facts. This is the Internet. SI.com, ESPN.com, NFL.com, NBA.com foxsports.com, and anything else .com are a click away. If you claim James Laurinaitis is only 5'11, someone will look it up and expose your falsehood.
5. DON"T SPAM. Sending out a message so people can take a look at your TD is acceptable. But sending 20 messages out begging for votes is a good way to NOT get votes.
There are hundreds of groups on here. Some have as many as 600, some have as few as 1. These are a few of the groups that may interest you:
The FanNation Community. It has 350 members, and is the quickest way to get the word out on you blogs and TDs. Run by NCshvDavid.
Women R Us. Ran by Cassidy's House, one of the fastest growing groups on FN. This is where women come to get their voice heard on a predominately male site.
NFL Fan Club. This is ravensfan's group. it has almost 400 members, and is very active.
Josh and Dan's Friday Debates. These two are hilarious. They pick the games for this weekend, and talk about almost everything. Great group to be a part if.
Hip Hop Fan Group. It's me! Me! All about me! This one is ran by yours truly. J. Hova puts out some really good blogs, so if you want to blog see me or him.
Dogs, Pigs, and Sheep. Either Mac or Coletrain run this. This is FanNation's home for rock.
Lighter Side. The funniest group on FN. BSchwartz, Oso en Dallas and Steelerscooz do this one. They poke fun at almost everything, and will have you ROFLYAO. The first roasts were just finished, and they were great. Kudos to them.
S.I.F.S. One of the more active grops. Plenty of blogs, and TDs go into this. hiya runs the show here, but you have to be an experienced member to join. I'm not even allowed to join yet, so it'll be a while for you.
TGC. Tounaments galore! Phillyman does this, and he organizes many TD tournaments.
FanNation Hall of Fame. We elect worthy members to the HOF. Ran by hiya, DetroitFan and Phillyman.
You may have noticed the initals ST, BS or EF in people's names. ST us for Sean Taylor. BS is BSchwartz, one of the users who is currently stationed in Iraq. EF is efbasketball, one of the former users who everyone liked. I'm running out of time, so I can't write much here. This is just a short list of some of the cool people on here I did not already mention.
League of Shadows
DJ is Dr. Cool
I hop this was helpful for you. Peace.