I look forward to the NFL draft every year and let fans know players that will make a difference. The 2007 NFL draft was very low on talent in the running back department...2008 boasts a decent class of Seniors but, the Juniors will make this a GREAT DRAFT for Star Running backs!
Here is my list of Top Running Backs.
1. Darren McFadden*- 6-2 210 Arkansas-Dude is a beast. If McFadden goes to a team with a proven passing game, he should be very effective and hopefully his HC will take advantage of his decent throwing ability.
2. Jonathan Stewart*- 5-11 230 Oregon-Talk about a Big boy who can put on the after burners. He should run in the low 4.4 range. Stewart has Great vision, blocks well, catches the ball away from his body, and makes cuts like a smaller back. This guy reminds me of Fred Taylor.
3. Rashard Mendenhall*- 5-11 230 Illinois-Rashard is a Stud. He had his break out year this year, but this guy can do all the little things neccesary to be a franchise back. He is just like Stewart but maybe a little faster. He also has great hands out of the backfield. Whoever gets this kid is going to be very pleased!
4. Kevin Smith*- 6-1 215 UCF-It seems like everyone is on Kevin Smith's Jock now-a-days, but I am a Firm Believer in Kevin. Not the fastest, but he just has "IT".....This guy will be a Star in the NFL.
5. Jamaal Charles*- 6-1 205 Texas-No one has Charles rated in the first round, but this kid carried the Longhorns this season. He has World Class Speed and he is sooo tough to bring down, he plays bigger than he is.
6. Steve Slaton*- 5-10 195 WVU-Reminds me of Marshall Faulk. Really, what else needs to be said? The guy has speed and cuts so smooth and he can catch!
7. Felix Jones, Arkansas 8. Chris Johnson, East Carolina (4.20 forty time, put his game together in his last year), 9. Raymell Rice, Rutgers 10. Mike Hart, Michigan 11. Kelvin McRae, Ohio....just a baller!