With apologies to my colleague Peter King, whose "Ten Things I Think I Think" is a staple of his must-read weekly "Monday Morning Quarterback" column on si.com, here is a five-ringed version.
1. Wonder how good Usain Bolt's hands are. Wouldn't he make a helluva wide receiver, in the mold of Terrell Owens or "The Angular One" Harold Carmichael? Most appropriate team: The San Diego Chargers, a.k.a. "The Lightning Bolts." Then we can have headlines like: BOLT BOLTS FOR TD BOLT.
2. For aficionados of car crashes: Check out the video on nbcolympics.com of the injury suffered by Hungarian weightlifter Janos Baranyai. It was an elbow dislocation and the site labels it "graphic," which is kind of a code word for "gruesome."
3. Love the "drop-off" when D-Wade comes in for Kobe.
4. Can Michael Phelps's gold medal in the 4X100 medley really be considered official if Cris Collinsworth wasn't seated next to Debbie Phelps during the race?
5. Speaking of Phelps, shouldn't NBC find a way to extend his prime-time success by getting him a role on "The Office," maybe as the goofy assistant to Steve Carell's Michael Scott?
5a. Hey, I went to Jamaica last November. How come I'm not any faster?