By now, you've seen President Bush doing his best Vince Vaughn impression, ducking to dodge the shoes thrown by a looney Iraqi reporter. The athleticism demonstrated by the outgoing chief executive -- and former owner of the Texas Rangers -- reminded us of some of the many instances sports has crossed paths with Bush during his two terms in the White House. Here's our list of President Bush's top five sporting moments:
1. In Game 3 of the 2001 World Series at Yankee Stadium in New York, just six weeks after the 9/11 terrorists attacks, President Bush strode out to the mound wearing an FDNY jacket, fired a fastball down the middle for the ceremonial first pitch and walked off the field to the chants of U-S-A! from the crowd.
2. At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, American beach volleyball duo Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh slapped together a primer on the sport's traditions for President Bush.
3. On his way to the ceremonial coin toss before the 2008 Army-Navy game in Philadelphia, President Bush playfully booted a football off the tee.
4. The Leader of the Free World doesn't like to follow anyone, as evidenced by his 2005 bike ride with SI.com's Austin Murphy.
5. His successor has made a name for himself on the basketball court, but President Bush showed he too can hoop it up while visiting schoolchildren in Belfast.
Did we overlook any of the President's sporting exploits? Let us know below…