Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hulu was already a film junkie's godsend but today's latest release -- Rocky IV in its entirety -- manages to raise the bar further. Love it or hate it, Rocky's quest to defeat a fearsome Soviet boxer with a 2,150-psi punch remains one of pop culture's most enduring pieces of Cold War agitprop from the '80s.
• The E Street Band didn't play live at the Super Bowl. The horror! [Pitchfork]
• Love him or hate him, Hall of Fame coach and broadcaster John Madden sounds like a great guy to work with. [Eye On Sports Media]
• How a white-collar Baltimore swindler turned secret FBI informant and ignited a Major League Baseball steroid scandal. [The Smoking Gun]
• WAG emeritus Victoria Beckham sucks her thumb on the cover of Vogue Russia. [Bastardly]
• Watch these youth hockey players fight like big boys. [Huffington Post]
• Tennessee coach Pat Summitt, who shoots for her 1,000th career win tomorrow, talks about her journey on NPR's Tell Me More. [NPR.org]
• A short history of the bench press. [MetaFilter]