Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• From The Wall Street Journal: You might wonder why pro bowler Jason Belmonte bowls with two hands -- until you see the way his ball hits the pins. [WSJ.com]
• Why you can slap an asterisk on LeBron's triple-double. [Ball Don't Lie/Yahoo! Sports]
• Speaking of King James, here's a list of 50 factoids about the 103 players who have scored 50 points in a single NBA game. [Basketball Prospectus]
• Watch TMZ.com's "interview" with Michael Phelps. [TMZ.com]
• The New Jersey Nets are introducing a ticket-exchange program for cold-weather-averse fans. "Through their Snowbird Ticket Exchange Program, you can trade your Nets tickets for ones to see the NHL’s Panthers in sunny Florida. (The Nets’ CEO and Panthers’ COO are twin brothers, apparently.)" [Daily Intel]
• Jason Giambi reacts to Joe Torre's tell-all book: "It's definitely hurtful." Lisa Guerrero reports. [The Fabulous Forum/Los Angeles Times]
• Breaking: Joe Buck to HBO Sports, just days after Bob Costas jumped ship for the MLB Network. [Watchdog]