Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Some early reaction from WFAN personality Mike Francesca to the Alex Rodriguez steroid scandal.
• "It was one thing when Kellogg's ditched Michael Phelps after he was caught smoking pot: They're trying to sell the Breakfast of Champions. But what excuse does Subway have for delaying running the ads he did for them because they're 'disappointed in his behavior?' Has anyone ever eaten a chipotle cheesesteak when they're not stoned?" [Daily Intel]
• Speaking of Phelps, the mystery identity of the person who snapped the pot photo may never be solved. [The State]
• Job watch: The Dallas Cowboys are looking for a housekeeping coordinator. Always been your dream to clean up after Terrell Owens? Now's your chance. [TeamWorkOnline]
• Fan spits on WWE star. WWE star hits back. [TMZ.com]
• Watch Jonathan Cohn, senior editor of The New Republic, explain what baseball teaches us about health care reform by asking us, "What would Theo do?" [The New Republic]
• Sports law authority Roger I. Abrams on Alex Rodriguez and "Truth and Reconciliation in Baseball." [Huffington Post]
• Chelsea will be hiring a fourth manager in 18 months after their sacking of gaffer Luiz Felipe Scolari today. [The Spoiler]