Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Brazil and Italy -- two countries with a staggering nine World Cups between them -- met this afternoon for an international friendly at London's Emirates Stadium. The South Americans earned a 2-0 victory, with Robinho netting the second goal thanks to some lazy clearance.
• Eight arrested in the Michael Phelps case. And the bong has been confiscated. [WIS News 10]
• There may never be another Magic Johnson as far as celebrity endorsers go. [Advertising Age]
• David Beckham blows it on the field. [TMZ.com]
• The sports games for the Wii tend to get a bad rap among gamers, but the Nintendo console is the key to the future of Electronic Arts' sports video game franchise. [Forbes.com Video Network]
• Original American Gladiatiors cast member Dan "Nitro" Clark gives his take on the Alex Rodriguez steroid scandal. [Huffington Post]
• A Christian school has banned boys from wrestling girls. [SPORTSbyBROOKS]