SI.com NFL writer and former scout Bucky Brooks has put together his rankings of the top 10 quarterback prospects in his year's draft class.
Here's the abridged version of Brooks' list.
1. Matthew Stafford, Georgia
2. Mark Sanchez, Southern California
3. Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4. Nate Davis, Ball State
5. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
6. Pat White, West Virginia
7. Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas
8. Brian Hoyer, Michigan State
9. Cullen Harper, Clemson
10. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech
There's no shortage of teams around the NFL who could use one of these promising signal-callers, including the Jets (presumptive '09 starter: Kellen Clemens), Chiefs (Tyler Thigpen), 49ers (Shaun Hill), Vikings (Tarvaris Jackson), Lions (Dan Orlovsky) and Buccaneers (Luke McCown). But determining which quarterback would be a good fit with which team is an inexact science.
What do you think? Do you agree with Brooks' rankings? What's the ideal destination for each of the players on his list?