Each day during the noon hour, we'll offer five reading recommendations from around the Web.
1. 17-Year-Old Has Rock-Star Look and Golf-Star Game (By Billy Witz, The New York Times)
Ryo Ishikawa, a 17-year-old golf prodigy from Japan, has introduced himself to the American golf scene. Are the natives ready for him?
2. Shaq back in L.A.? The thought not so crazy (By Bill Plaschke, L.A. Times)
Gee, the Lakers sure could use a big body who understands the triangle, the city, the playoffs, the pressure. Shaq could be that solution.
3. Heavily coached A-Rod feeds us a bunch of 'boli' (By Rick Telander, Chicago Sun-Times)
Alex Rodriguez says he was He was ''young'' and ''immature'' and ''curious'' and ''ignorant,'' but he also may be a liar.
4. Deuce McAllister leaves behind mountain of statistics, goodwill (By Peter Finney, The Times Picayune)
Deuce McAllister's statistical mountain is small compared to what he's done off the field.
5. He's not the Griffey of old; he's an older Griffey (By Mark Bradley, Atlanta Journal Constitution)
If you think the ebullient Griffey of the Mariners is walking into the Atlanta clubhouse, you may be disappointed by what you actually get from Junior.