Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This ferocious brawl during yesterday's match between Brasil and Ulbra in the Rio Grande do Sul championship resulted in seven red cards.
• Here's a roundup of the concession stands at Citi Field, which opens in two months. Vendors at the Mets' new ballpark will include Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, and Box Frites. [Gothamist]
• Not many people are talking about Memphis, but the Tigers have a shot at becoming a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. [The Quad/The New York Times]
• Courtesy of Sports Crackle Pop: "Last night the sports department at WECT-TV got ready to do their sportscast, when their entire system crashed and they had no video or graphics. Instead they were forced to use a dry erase board." [WECT.com]
• Two doctors dish on Mariano Rivera and the importance of the AC joint. [Huffington Post]
• Listen to sportswriter Stefan Fatsis talk about professional golf's dire need for the return of Tiger Woods on NPR's All Things Considered. [NPR.org]
• Speaking of Tiger, here's the transcript from his teleconference earlier today. [ASAP Sports]