Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• Meet David Holston, the diminutive guard from Chicago State who's challenging for a national scoring title in spite of his modest 5-foot-7 frame.
• Rip Esselstyn, a former pro triathlete and All-American swimmer at the University of Texas, says the most important performance-enhancers aren't found in a laboratory but in your grocery store. [Huffington Post]
• Four-man rotations in MLB are a distant memory. [Murray Chass On Baseball]
• Kyle Busch won a race in his hometown Sunday -- and celebrated by shelling out over $5,000 on 10 bottles of champagne at Body English in the Hard Rock. [TMZ.com]
• Brett Favre would be a good NFL analyst, says Brett Favre. [Awful Announcing]
• More Friday Night Lights chatter from the folks at Slate. [Slate]