Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• Famed golf coach Hank Haney attempts to fix the swing of Charles Barkley on The Haney Project, which debuted yesterday on the Golf Channel. The entire episode is available on YouTube. [In four parts: One (also embedded below) | Two | Three | Four]
• Nate Robinson likely won't defend his Slam Dunk title. [Ball Don't Lie/Yahoo! Sports]
• The third edition of The Dickson Baseball Dictionary has 10,000 terms, with 18,000 definitions. It's an ongoing labor of love for the author, who spoke with NPR's Melissa Block on All Things Considered. [NPR.org]
• Jose Canseco on Madonna: "Doesn’t she realize she is 60 years old?" [Cele|bitchy]
• Manchester City's Arab owner wants Lionel Messi as his striker and Diego Maradona as club president. (Anything else?) [The Spoiler]
• The Big Lead sets the odds on the next athlete-celebrity marriage. Andy Roddick and SI Swimsuit darling Brooklyn Decker are the favorites. [The Big Lead]
• Ben Roethlisberger hit Tao in Vegas this weekend with a couple of his fellow Steelers to celebrate his 27th birthday -- and the ladies loved his twin Super Bowl rings. [TMZ.com]