Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• If you think the workplace hazards of a soccer photographer are relatively tame, watch this play from last week's Copa Libertadores match between Argentina's Estudiantes and Bolivia's Universitario de Sucre.
• Former Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz went on Sean Hannity's TV show Monday and suggested the cold weather in New York disproves global warming. [Media Matters]
• Curt Schilling thinks the World Baseball Classic is a bad idea for players and he's not afraid to share his opinion. [38 Pitches]
• Here's a list of the top 10 centers in NBA history according to the plus-minus statistic. Some of the names may surprise you. [Basketball-Reference.com Blog]
• "A strange thing has been happening at Madison Square Garden," writes Will Leitch. "The New York Knicks are becoming the most likable team in town -- while losing." [Daily Intel]
• When told he must respect Floyd Mayweather, Sr., as a great trainer, Freddie Roach responded with an obvious question. [East Side Boxing]
• High school boys in Hartford, Wis., urinated in students' beverages at a basketball game. [Obscure Store and Reading Room]