Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• With March Madness right around the corner, New York Times film critic A.O. Scott revisits "one of the very few great movies made about basketball" as part of the NYTimes.com's ongoing Critics' Picks series.
• Should the Eagles pursue Terrell Owens, their prodigal son, in free agency? The team's official site put it to an open referendum. [ProFootballTalk.com]
• Wisconsin football dads think reporting is illegal. [Gawker]
• The return of Sean Avery gives America another reason to hate the New York Rangers, writes Guardian scribe Ian Winwood. [The Guardian]
• Tip of the cap to The Offside for finding this Google-powered tour of the world's 10 biggest soccer stadiums. [The Offside]
• Newlywed Tom Brady is set to hit the links with Vinnie Chase on HBO's Entourage. [E! Online]
• As a singer, Dennis Rodman's a great basketball player. [TMZ.com]
• The Mountain West Conference presents a BCS playoff proposal. [The Big Lead]