Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Raptors forward Chris Bosh made a guest appearance as the weather man on last night's CTV six o'clock news in Toronto, filling in for longtime meteorologist Dave Devall.
• The Onion News Network reports the NCAA is expanding March Madness to include 4,096 teams, giving online universities and bible colleges an opportunity to compete for the title of nation's best. [Hulu]
• Bear Bryant, Civil War hero? [Regret The Error]
• Olympic hero Michael Phelps opened up -- kind of -- about his infamous bong photo on the Today show with Matt Lauer. [YouTube]
• "The MTA will be the first entity to refuse to refer to the new Mets stadium as 'Citi Field.' The subway authority refuses to spend its own money rebranding the station with a corporate name -- so it'll be known as 'Mets/Willets Point.' [Consumerist]
• If you've ever considered making a trip to the Final Four, this year could be your best shot. CNBC's Darren Rovell says tickets to college basketball's showcase event are cheaper on the secondary market than they've been in years. [Sports Biz with Darren Rovell/CNBC.com]
• Philadelphia's Elton Brand was National Player of the Year at Duke University, so you'd think he'd be able to spell his college coach's name. [TMZ.com]