Each day during the noon hour, we'll offer five reading recommendations from around the Web.
1. How the NCAA Seeds Can Deceive You (By Russell Adams, The Wall Street Journal): An WSJ analysis reveals the historically underrated and overrated programs.
2. The Hurt That Hasn’t Healed (By Will Leitch, New York magazine): The Mets are in for it this year. If they don’t win big, the team’s essential fallacy will really be exposed.
3. The selection committee's five biggest seeding mistakes (By Chris Chase, Yahoo! Sports): How did the committee screw up this year?
4. Is Bobby Bowden turning Florida State into a basketball school? (By Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel): Could Florida State sports fans ever get more excited about basketball than they do football? One local scribe says absolutely, thanks in part to the school's Hall of Fame football coach.
5. Home: New stadiums for the Yankees and Mets (By Paul Goldberger, The New Yorker): The architecture critic for The New Yorker gives his thoughts on the Yankees' and Mets' new ballparks.