Each afternoon, we'll pass along some of the most salvagable items from our cutting-room floor. Send along suggestions to email@example.com.
• Since when has Dick Vitale been such a passionate advocate for the little guy? Watch as the discussion gets unusually heated between the newly minted Hall of Famer and the Jay Bilas-Digger Phelps tandem.
• Have you seen the trailer for James Toback's new documentary on Mike Tyson? We can't wait until its Apr. 24 release date. [Apple Movie Trailers]
• "The Miami Herald obtained video of football player Donte' Stallworth minutes after a crash, which left a 59-year-old man dead in Miami Beach." [Miami Herald]
• Julian Tavarez comes through with the baseball quote of the year, likening the Washington Nationals to ... J. Lo? [RealClearSports Blog]
• Ticket sales for the World Baseball Classic show where rooting interests lie. [The New York Times]
• "What if FIFA replicated the NCAA basketball model and expanded the World Cup finals to 64 teams -- well, 65 if you'd like a play-in game in Dayton or, say, Dortmund -- and essentially seeded the entire field instead of relying on imbalanced groups? We're talking about one match at a neutral site, winner advances, loser goes home." [Soccer Insider/Washington Post]
• Real Housewives of New York City "star" Bethenny Frankel really doesn't mind the false rumors linking her with Alex Rodriguez. Actually, she's been hoping he'd call. [E! Online]