Here's a palate-cleanser before Caption This:
• Pacman Jones was reportedly involved in an altercation with his bodyguard at a Dallas hotel this week. Apparently the bodyguard got tired of Pacman paying his salary by throwing a pile of singles into the air.
• The incident could put the Cowboys DB’s status with the NFL in jeopardy. That's right -- Pacman may have used a horse-collar tackle.
• Frustrated Eagles QB Donovan McNabb called a team meeting earlier this week. He told his teammates that their recent poor play had him feeling so disoriented and sick to his stomach, he thought he was back in the Super Bowl.
• Tim McCarver says that current Dodgers slugger Manny Ramirez’s lack of commitment to the Red Sox this season was “despicable.” Manny responded that he didn’t hear McCarver’s comments because his ears are plugged with World Series rings.
• Not every media member agreed with the Fox broadcaster's take on Manny. In fact, Deion Sanders poured cold water all over McCarver's theory. (Thanks to Big West for the inspiration here.
• Auburn fired offensive coordinator Tony Franklin after only seven games of trying to install his patented (literally) offense. The attack will now be re-dubbed the "Keep Auburn From Covering The" Spread.
• Evander Holyfield is reportedly close to an agreement to fight 7-foot giant Nikolai Valuev for the heavyweight world title. Holyfield likes the matchup because Valuev is too tall to easily bite his ear.
• The World Anti-Doping Agency has removed the baldness drug finasteride from its list of banned substances. Unfortunately, that’s not all that’s keeping me from being a world-class athlete.